Sunday 29 June 2008

Holiday fun

Was away for just over a week, in the sunny climes of South West England. Most enjoyable. While away, I wondered what the world would be like if people did their jobs properly. You know, the thing they get paid to do, but don't, or at least not very well. I made sure all things work related was ship shape before going away; the auto-reply set up on email directing clients and journalists to all relevant info - should they need it NOW. I still managed to get an average of 3 calls / day asking things like:

1) I emailed you, but got an auto-reply. can you send the pic of '...........'?

reply: NO, I can't. I'm AWAY as the auto-reply would have told you. And the picture you want is on the websiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!!!!!!!!

2) I'm on deadline, could you email me the image for '........'?

reply: I'm on holiday, and nowhere near a PC. Can you get it from the website....like my auto-reply suggests?

3) hiya, how are you? can you send me a pic and the press release for '........'?

reply: Did you get an auto-reply from me? Ok...can you get it from the website as I'm on HOLIDAY?????

Seriously, how do these people tie their shoes?!

Rant over...more soon.

No comments: